Cinnamon Scrolls made simply healthy by thesavvydietitian
1 cup Plain YoPRO
1 cup self-raising flour + extra for dusting onto surface/hands
2 tbsp natural stevia
2 tbsp ground cinnamon
Icing glaze (optional)
1/3 cup icing sugar, sifted
1 tbsp hot water
• Preheat oven to 180°C, line a tray with baking paper.
• Combine the self-raising flour and YoPRO in a bowl until a crumbly dough starts to form (the dough will be crumbly).
• On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough into a ball.
• Roll the dough out until it’s about 30cm in length.
• In a bowl, mix the stevia and cinnamon together. Sprinkle the mixture over the top - don’t skimp on this!
• Roll your dough up tightly and cut into ~3 cm pieces.
• Place cut pieces onto the lined baking tray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly.
• Glaze -- slowly mix the icing sugar with hot water until your desired consistency is reached. Then drizzle over buns. Store in an airtight container.
Congratulations to our Rockstar of the Quarter, Rachel! She has been killing her workouts from the beginning and in just 6 months, she has been able to achieve the goals that she has struggled to reach for years.
By working with our Dietitian and our talented training staff, Rachel has been able to:
- lose 2% body fat
- lose 16 lbs.
- Increase core strength and balance
- Improve mile time by 3 min.
Way to go Rachel!
Do you eat-in, or grab-and-go with your YoPRO?
Aussie hurdler lizclay_ refuels with 12g of protein packed into our new dairy-free YoPRO range for her latest beach adventures 🏖
Yes I'm a Christian. Yes I make hypocritical decisions. Yes I fall. I stumble. I struggle. I am a mess. BUT I'm God's mess. And he can turn a mess into a masterpiece. Christian is not the definition of what perfect means. I'm just simply a sinner saved by grace.❤☝️ ItAllStartsWithYouItsAheartChangeFaithFuelYourJourneyMuchLove 💋
With the time changing, a lot of people are struggling with late night snack cravings as their body adjusts to daylight savings. If you feel like you are struggling with late night cravings, try adding these foods as your late-night-go-too's. These foods not only fill you up, but they are lighter on calories and have the benefit of fiber and protein, thus keeping you full throughout the night on a smaller serving size. So, have these things readily available in your fridge and grab them instead of the leftover Halloween candy!
We love when sarahfitfoodie gets creative 🤤Making the world a better place one chocolate covered stuffed biscuit at a time.
60g chickpea flour
5g cocoa powder
10g chocolate protein powder
5g ground chia seeds
35g natural sweetener
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
10ml almond milk
80g Vanilla YoPRO
15g coconut flour
10g natural sweetener, blended into fine powder
80-100g dark chocolate
5g coconut oil
• Preheat oven to 180C.
• Combine cookie ingredients in a bowl until dough forms.
• Roll dough into a 5-7mm sheet and cut desired cookie shapes.
• Bake for 6-7min then cool.
• Combine filling ingredients into a bowl and sandwich between two cookies.
• Use microwave to melt the coating ingredients together in 30sec intervals.
• Dip cookies into chocolate and freeze for 5min.
This week is all about MARK!
He has been coming to the Studio for a little less than a year, and he has made incredible life changes that better his health and his physical performance.
Some of his most notable achievements are:
- Lost 20 lbs.
- Leg press increased by 55 lbs.
- Bench press increased by 15 lbs.
- Plank increased by 2 min.
Mark is absolutely killing it on his fitness journey and is loving the results. We are so proud of you, Mark! Keep being a living example of how hard work pays off!
I often get asked about my thoughts around meal replacement shakes and whether they work for ‘weight loss’. ⠀
The short answer is yes. The long answer (in terms of sustainability long term) is “it depends” ⠀
Why do meal replacement shakes work?
- They are portion controlled
- They are quick and convenient to grab and go
- You don’t have to plan or decide your meals. It’s already done for you.
It is definitely NOT 🙅🏻♀️ because they are a magical elixir!
The down side to meal replacement shakes:
- They can lack variety and we all know variety is important!
- They don’t teach you how to create a healthy meal or the principles behind a balanced diet. Which is absolutely necessary and a reason why people often regain weight after stopping them.
- They are not all created equal.
- They are not always nutritionally complete, meaning they don’t always provide all of the nutrients your body needs to function properly. Which is why you should always consult your healthcare provider prior to commencing any meal replacement shakes. ⠀ ⠀
Meal replacement shake (Lady Shake) made up with water ⠀
1 egg + 1 egg white egg muffin with baby spinach and grape tomatoes
160g strawberries, edible portion
150g yoproau yoghurt pouch
A beanbag on the gym floor can only be topped by grabbing a pouch of YoPRO with 15g of all natural protein for the best kind of refuel and recovery 💪🏼
Snack trays have become a regular “thing” in our house. ⠀
I started making them about 6 months ago when I was trying to be creative in getting my little one to eat healthier snacks. ⠀
The trays soon became something she looked forward to, and would ask me for a “snack tray”. ⠀
Since then, we have adopted the name of snack tray 🙃⠀
Building a snack tray is easy! I do it in 3 easy steps. ⠀
1️⃣ choose 1 main fruit or vegetable that you know your little one already likes⠀
2️⃣ add a “silly” snack (cheese crackers, granola bar, half bagel) ⠀
3️⃣ add 1 new fruit or vegetable for your little one to try⠀
🌈 I also have found that adding color, is enticing and will make eating the fruits and veggies fun! Do this by adding some fun muffin cups, cute little toothpicks, or just a colorful napkin. ⠀
There you have it! The snack tray phenomenon! ⠀
Do you have a trick for presenting healthy foods with your littles? I would love to know 👇🏻⠀