- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound sausage, casings removed (can be chicken, Italian, breakfast...whatever you like!)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced - 1 onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper - 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika - 1/4 teaspoon black pepper - 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- Optional- cornmeal, beans
- Cheese, sour cream, onions for topping, cornbread for serving
1. In a large pot, heat about a teaspoon of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2. Add the salt, red pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, paprika, and black pepper. Stir and cook for about a minute to cook out the raw spice flavor. Add the ground beef and sausage and cook while breaking apart with a wooden spoon.
3. Once the meat is completely broken up and cooked through, add the beef broth, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Stir to combine, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cover.
4. After about 45 minutes or an hour, uncover and stir. If the chili is not thick enough, stir 2 tablespoons of cornmeal with 2 tablespoons water in a separate small bowl. This should create a very thick yellow paste. Add to the chili, stir to combine, and allow to simmer uncovered until you are ready to eat.
5. Serve with cheese, diced onions, sour cream, and cornbread on the side! I particularly like honey cornbread with this spicy chili.
#food #recipes #lunch #dinner #lunchrecipes #dinnerrecipes #chili #chilirecipe #spicychili