Eggplant Lasagna 🍆🍝🧀😚👌🏼
The perfect sunday meal prep!
Serves 6 👫👭👬
2 x 500g extra lean beef mince
350ml leggos passata with herbs
50g leggos triple concentrate tomato paste
1 can annalisa diced tomatoes with herbs
2 large eggplants
1 pack vine truss tomatoes
1 tsp EVOO
1 red onion
250g light ricotta
125g extra sharp parmesan
Salt & pepper
Dried & fresh basil
1. Start by slicing your eggplants tops & tails off and then slice them around 0.5 cm thickness longways.
2. Place them on a tray and rub your olive oil into them with some salt & pepper and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes & take out when the timer goes off.
3. While that’s happening place your diced onion & garlic in a pan until golden brown. Then add in your 2 containers of mince.
4. Once the beef is all browned add in your passata, tomato paste, diced tomatoes, lots of fresh basil, salt & pepper, chilli flakes, dried oregano & basil.
5. When it’s all mixed you want it to simmer away, not too crazily but just let all the flavours marry together nicely, make sure your taste testing along the way.
6. Add in your diced tomatoes & a tiny pinch of sugar (trust me).
7. Whilst your mince is doin it’s thang, grab a bowl and mix together your light ricotta with 1 egg, salt & pepper and some nutmeg. This will be your white sauce top.
8. When satisfied with the taste of the mince spray a large baking dish with spray oil & add in your bottom layer of mince, then cover with strips of eggplant and another layer of mince and so forth until all your eggplant and mince is used up.
9. Dollop your ricotta mix on top of the lasagna and spread as best you can.
10. Add on your cheese and crack some more pepper over the top and pop into the oven.
11. Bake at 180-200 for 30-40 minutes and then place under the grill on high and keep watch until the cheese top is beautiful and golden.
Macros: 425 cals, 18.5 F, 18.5 C & 49 P ⚖️
taystykitchen lasagne lasagna mousaka lasagnebolognese lasagneallabolognese macrofriendly lowcarblasagna brisbanefoodie mealprepideas fitfoods recipeideas healthymealprep