SPAGHETTI SQUASH WITH CHICKEN AND MANGO SALSA 🥭
So many fun flavors in this one! It is packed with a variety of nutrients and will leave you nice and satisfied. This is also a recipe where you can prep most things ahead of time. That way if you know you’re going to have a busy night, the only thing you’ll have to actually cook the night of will be the spaghetti squash!
• 1 spaghetti squash
• 3-4 chicken breasts
• 1 ripe mango, diced
• 1 red bell pepper, diced
• 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
• 1/2 red onion, diced
• 1 jalapeño, chopped
• lime juice
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1 Tbsp minced garlic
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1/2 tsp chili powder
• 1 1/2 tsp cumin
• feta cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400º F. Score spaghetti squash lengthwise where you will cut it in half. Poke a few holes along the score. Microwave the squash for 5 minutes and let cool. Cut the squash in a half and scoop out the seeds. Brush the inside of both halves of the squash with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the two halves cut side down on a baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray and bake for about 25 minutes until tender.
2. Meanwhile, cut up mango, bell pepper, jalapeño, onion, and cilantro and add to a bowl along with 1 Tbsp lime juice and a little salt and pepper. Mix together and store in refrigerator.
3. In another small bowl, whisk together olive oil, 1/4 cup lime juice, minced garlic, paprika, chili powder, and cumin. Store in refrigerator.
4. Cook chicken on stove top, bake, or grill and cut into slices or dice.
5. When spaghetti squash is ready, let cook for several minutes. Then using a fork, scrape the insides to create a spaghetti-like texture.
6. Add spaghetti squash pasta to a large bowl and then add sauce and mix together to coat. Then add in mango salsa and chicken and mix together. When serving top with feta cheese. Enjoy!