Quick & Easy Pasta Carbonara!
I’m not afraid to eat pasta! In case you didn’t know, carbs do not make you fat. Eating too many calories is what causes weight gain, whether that be from carbs, fat or protein. So don’t shy away from eating carbs you love like pasta! Just don’t overeat in general 🤷🏻♀️.
I loooove making and eating pasta! It’s so easy to make and always tastes great. Plus, the carb load is great when you have a heavy lifting session the next day.
So on THAT note here’s the recipe! 👇🏼
* 1 pound linguini
* 4 ounces bacon cubed
* 3 garlic cloves minced
* 2 large eggs plus 1 egg yolk
* 4 ounces fresh peas, rinsed
* 1 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese plus more for serving
* pepper and salt to taste
* chopped fresh parsley for serving
* Boil the pasta per package instructions until al dente. (About took 9-11 minutes).
* Meanwhile in a large skillet add cubed bacon and cook over medium high heat until golden brown. Set aside in a bowl.
* Add in garlic and cook for an additional minute. Turn off the heat and set aside.
* In a small bowl whisk eggs and cheese together, set aside.
* When pasta is ready drain and reserve 1 cup of the pasta water.
* Add 2 TBSP butter to same skillet used for bacon and melt on medium heat until frothy. Add peas and salt and pepper. Heat 1-2 minutes.
* Add the pasta to the skillet along with the bacon and garlic mixture. Add in the egg / cheese mixture and 1/2 cup of the pasta water. * Slowly toss the pasta until the pasta is coated. Add more pasta water as needed.
* Season with salt and pepper to taste.
* Serve immediately with fresh chopped parsley and additional cheese on top.
Be sure to like and saaaaave! 💜💜💜