Instead of Mahi Mahi, can I just have the Mahi? 😬 And oh, let’s top it off with some mango avocado salsa! 🥭🥑 #grilledfish#howisummer#summerrecipes#mahimahi
4 6 ounces mahi mahi fillets
½ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 tablespoons olive oil, divided
Mango Avocado Salsa
1 mango, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
¼ cups red onions, finely chopped
¼ cup cilantro, chopped
Juice of 1 lime
1. Preheat gas grill or grill pan to medium heat. Brush olive oil on the mahi mahi, and then season with paprika, cumin, salt and pepper.
2. Grill the mahi mahi until golden, about 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the mango avocado salsa. Scoop the salsa over the mahi mahi and serve.
When they say abs are made in the kitchen, they're talking about these chocolate protein pancakes, right?! 🥞🥞 I whipped these up with oats, bananas, cocoa powder and @drinkorgain vegan organic protein powder. It's packed with 50 superfoods and 5g of fiber, and almost makes me feel like I'm getting a 6-pack while having breakfast! 😬 #sponsored#drinkorgain#proteinpancakes
4 large eggs
3/4 cup old fashioned oats
3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
3 Tbsp chocolate protein powder
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat griddle or skillet to medium heat and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Add eggs, bananas, and oats to blender. Blend on low for 15-30 seconds until oats are ground and
bananas are fully mashed.
3. Add protein powder, cocoa powder, and cinnamon and blend again on low for additional 30-45
seconds until smooth.
4. Drop by 1/3 cup full onto pre-heated griddle and cook until bubbles begin to form and edges are
just setting. Flip and cook through, about 2 minutes.
5. Serve immediately topped with fresh strawberries and little powdered sugar, if desired.
For the Sandwich
4 slices sourdough bread
4 oz mozzarella cheese sliced
1 tomato, sliced
2 oz roasted red peppers jarred
For the Pesto
1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
2 cloves garlic peeled
2 tablespoons walnuts
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
Salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup olive oil
To make the pesto, place the basil, garlic, walnuts and Parmesan cheese in the food processor; season with salt and pepper, to taste, and blend. While the food processor is on, pour the olive oil slowly into the mixture in order to allow the olive oil to emulsify.
Spread the pesto equally on the 4 slices of bread and place the bread on the panini maker or in a toaster oven for 2 minutes.
Then place the mozzarella cheese, tomatoes and roasted red peppers on top of bread slices and allow the cheese to melt and the veggies to soften.
Once the cheese melts, close the sandwich, cut and serve immediately
If you have have pesto, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
One pan pasta with as little effort as humanly possible 😬🍝 - that’s the kind of weeknight dinner that makes me feel good! #onepanmeal#onepanpasta#feedfeed#weeknightdinner#summerrecipes#howisummer
8 ounces linguine
1 pint cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
2 ounces baby spinach leaves
1 small onion, finely sliced
3 cloves garlic, finely sliced
A small handful of basil leaves, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
1. In a large deep pan, place the spaghetti in addition to the cherry tomatoes, spinach, sliced onions, garlic and basil. Drizzle the olive on top and season with crushed red pepper and salt.
2. Pour 4 cup of boiling water (or vegetable/chicken stock) into the pan and bring the mixture to a boil. Cook for 8-10 minutes on medium heat stirring occasionally with tongs, until the liquid in nearly evaporated, creating a sauce.
3. Remove the pan from heat and stir in parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Serve immediately and enjoy warm.
Corn tomato avocado salad 🌽🍅🥑🥗 super easy and super summery with only a few ingredients! #summerrecipes#foodvideos#veganrecipes#bestofvegan#howisummer
1 cup romaine lettuce, chopped (optional)
2 ears corn, or about 1 ½ cups
1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
1 avocado, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Combine the corn, avocado, tomatoes and onion. In a large glass bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients in a glass bowl. Pour over the salad and toss gently to mix.